“If someone put poison in your water…
…would you drink it?”
The obvious answer is “NO”!
Chemical poison that we can see, taste, touch and smell can be fatal.
Fortunately we are intelligent enough to know that we do not ingest poisonous substances…
...but what about our mind?
Repeatedly, people are poisoning their minds with negativity, and though we cannot use this negativity, it is just as fatal.
Negativity is the poison that kills dreams!
And we need to stop it before it contaminates our lives.
Negativity starts with negative thoughts.
- Negative thinking cripples a person’s life to one degree or another. It robs people of the opportunity to live up to their full potential and of achieving their greatest desires and aims.
It condemns many to the rat race of mere survival-drudgery day after day-because they don’t think they can achieve anything more. It brings depression and other mental disorders, and that in turn leads to physical disorder.
3. Negative thinking results in negative, destructive criticism, which results in destruction. Destruction is a strong word, but that is what is results in, because the potential that has been there for good, for greatness, or for success has been destroyed.
So many people want to do great things. So many people dream of being a person who changes the world through some great work written, a great deed of courage performed, or great acts of compassion rendered to those in need. But the negative feeling of “I just can’t do it” robs people of that chance to make good on their dreams. (Excerpt by Maria Fontaine)
How do we eliminate this poison?
Monitor the thoughts that you allow into your mind…every thought!
If you find yourself thinking negative thoughts…think again.
Strive to think positive, empowering and supportive thoughts.
Just as you monitor your thoughts, monitor the words that you speak.
Listen carefully to every word that is coming from your mouth.
Watch for excusitis.
Excusitis is a disease that causes people to constantly make excuses.
When you hear yourself complaining, stop yourself immediately.
1. Create a vocabulary of a successful, positive, inspiring individual.
2. Be passionate in your speech and express your enthusiasm with your words.
3. The energy of the words that you speak is a powerful force that is creative.
There is so much to be positive about!
You are valuable and that should raise your self-esteem, and self-value!
Part of the process to shift your thought energy from negative to positive is to be grateful for the gifts in your life and to focus on what is great in every situation.
Be appreciative and show appreciation to others.
Gratitude will attract to you more of the things that you desire.
Negativity is the anchor that holds you back.
Cut yourself free today and be the most positive, optimistic person that you know!
The power of praise and positiveness is contagious.
So be a carrier!
If you’ve been negative about yourself in the past, turn over a new leaf in your life and become someone who is so positive that you’ll be able to influence other’s lives for the better.
What was once your weakness can become your strength!
Thank You so much!!!
from an article by Peggy McColl